I’ve decided to give you a little peak into my current miniature project. I’m working on a 1:48, I think, sized art museum. It’s for the Undersized Urbanite Contest.
I wanted to create a miniature scene using only what I already had. As I dug through my stash I came across some miniature frames. I had bought them in a big lot of dollhouse furniture at a thrift store.
After much thought I decided I wanted to use art my kids have done as the pieces of art on display.
I took pictures or scanned the art. I used photoshop to resize them to match the frames and then printed them onto canvas paper. The inks started to run and smear a bit. I used acrylic paint and sharpened up the art, adding in the detail that was lost in printing it on the canvas paper.
This one was the hardest since it was a water color. I think it will be ok. Next time I will try it on watercolor paper. However, all I had was the canvas paper and since I didn’t want to spend any money this will have to do.
And this one had lots of texture for the flowers, so I tried to glob on paint for texture. It turned out well also.
So, that’s what I’m working on tonight. Now to be patient and let them dry before I try framing them. I’m notorious for messing up projects during the last step because I was too impatient.