After hours of contemplation, plotting, and planning I’ve made some changes to my plans.
I’ve decided to not to do the arch. I didn’t like how tall it was going to make the whole build without really adding substance, if that makes sense. It would be a distraction. I’ve decided instead to do a small section of a larger building. It keeps the focus on the art studio, while offering opportunities to add life behind other windows.
I set out this week to pick up some MDF to start the outer box. I learned that my mind isn’t the sharpest when thinking on the fly. While standing in the hardware store I completely lost all sense of space and dimensions, changed my plans based on this confusion, and bought MDF in the wrong sizes. Once I got home I realized the errors of my ways and vowed never to trust my brain again. Thankfully I could return the wrong sized pieces and then started over, this time with my measurements in hand.
I’ve got the whole outer box together now, just haven’t taken a picture of it. Next will be adding the shelves in to frame out where the kit is going to be.
Also, I’ve learned that stepping outside of your comfort zone is a surefire way to second guess everything you do. I’ll just keep plugging away and it will all come together…I hope.